Tuesday, August 17, 2010

counting points

well, i must say, my first week on weight watchers was not nearly as painful as i had imagined it to be. i pictured getting a daily allowance of 3 points to "use wisely" and having to decide between the bare lettuce salad and the 3 oz of fish because, let's face it, i couldn't have both on the diet. but no. no, i have eaten like a king (queen, i suppose) this past week. my menu has included spinach and feta stuffed chicken breasts and chicken enchilada soup. green vegetable minestrone and creamy chicken and spinach pasta. there is nothing "diety" about this diet, and i love it. not only do i get yummy foods, but folks, i can drink a beer a night and have an ice cream sandwich (for 2 points people. 2 points!) and still have more points than i know what to do with. if this isn't a diet designed with me in mind, i don't know what is.

to top it all off, i also get to geek out over the tracking of the points online. i would like to say that i am casual about updating, and get to it when i can, but let's be honest here. this is me. i run right over to the computer or access it on my phone (i wish i was joking) and update as soon as i am done eating. i love seeing the "points used" and "points left" and... oh it is just sick. but i will say, it has made me more aware of what i am putting in my body.


and as a result i have lost four pounds. that does not speak highly of what i was putting in my body before this (eek) but on the upside, at least i now have my trusty-rusty points to help guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment